Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012


  I have been really struggling to keep regular posts happening and this one is no different. It doesn't help that my blog was hacked twice and I had to take some extra time to implement some added security - then to top it off I had to move a bunch of files (over 2500 of them) and most of them were images - needless to say I now have a whole bunch of missing image links on posts that pre-date March of this year. I am in the process of adding them all back in but it is very time consuming and doesn't leave much time for new posts. Before it gets much later in the year I thought I had better take some time to get my Christmas recap post done!
She Loved Her American Girl Doll from Santa....

The morning chaos....with over 10 people it is bound to get crazy!
Other than the weather (usually cold and rainy) I love everything about Christmas, from the decorations to the food and most important the gathering of family. We missed my hubby's parents this year since they were not able to make it and my sister was not able to come up this year either, but my immediate family plus my Mom, Dad, Grandma, Brother and his daughter were able to make it.

My house has morphed over the years into the gathering place and I love that! Christmas morning is just the four of us (myself, hubby and two daughters still at home) plus the dog and the cat. We spend the morning opening our gifts for each other and the gifts that Santa has brought and then we enjoy our traditional Christmas morning cinnamon rolls.   Early afternoon brings the arrival of my Son and his Wife, my parents, my grandma and my brother and his daughter for gift opening round two. After that chaos is over we move on to the Christmas dinner which is usually ham and scalloped potatoes plus all the side dishes. We usually have so many cookies and homemade candies that we let those be our desserts.
My daughter in law and I (my attempt at taking our picture)


Of course our dog did not want to be left out of anything....

 A wonderful time was had by all - it was loud, it was chaotic and it was family - it was perfect......

Thank you for stopping by and peeking into my world.