Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

It is 4 am and I am the only one in my house who is awake (except for the cat), which is just the way I like it - as early mornings are the only part of the day that I get all to myself.

I woke up today to find snow on the ground and it's what I call a "perfect snow" - just enough for the kids to go out and play in, but not enough to make traveling difficult.  We had been hit with Arctic storms this past week which included a wind chill that hovered around 0 degrees (fahrenheit) and constant winds with gusts  over 60 miles per hour.  Our neighborhood boasts siding torn off houses, trees & tree limbs on the ground, whole trees uprooted and miscellaneous bits and pieces taken from one neighbor's yard and "passed around" to the rest of the neighbors.  The snow has blanketed the wounds that were visible and once again the landscape "appears whole and perfect". 

I started contemplating about how many of our friends, neighbors and loved ones also appear "whole and perfect" this holiday season, but may be suffering from their own wounds of a lost job, looming foreclosure, suffering health or other burden? 

I am taking some quiet time this morning to be thankful for what I have and saying a prayer for those who "have not". 

Happy Thanksgving to you and yours......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!