Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day ~ Remembered

Memorial Day signifies many things to me, first and foremost it is a day to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us, a day to remember the fallen soldiers who have served our country and a day to remember those whose names and faces are unknown.

In addition to being a day of reflection, this weekend is the first three day weekend that starts the summer season (yes, we all know it's not summer yet).  Memorial Day and Memorial Day weekend means many things to many people first and foremost it is a day of remembrance.

I would like to take a minute to remember those who are no longer with us.
My Great Grandma Carlson


My Uncle Fred Schuler

My Grandpa Carlson
My Grandma Carlson

No Digital Images, but not forgotten:
My Grandpa Fred Schuler
My Great Grandma Ellen
My Great-Great Grandma Mac
My Grandpa Nelson
My Great Aunt Jean
My Husband's Grandma Nina

We cherish the memories that we have of those who are no longer with us and celebrate their lives on this day. Thank you Lord for sharing them with us.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a new follower from the Sunday Stalker Blog Hop! Love your blog and I am looking forward to reading more! I hope that you can check out my blog sometime as well.

    http://atlantamilitarymom.com

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from this week's Super Stalker Sunday hop! I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for participating! I hope you'll join us again next week and I hope you'll stop by and visit me if you haven't already!
    Mariah, Formula Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!