Monday, August 15, 2011

Scalloped Tomatoes

Wondering what to do with all of the tomatoes your garden has produced?  Try this vintage recipe for something different.  Scalloping is not just for Potatoes after all!

SCALLOPED TOMATOES
3 cups fresh tomatoes  sliced
1 medium cucumber pared and sliced
salt
1 small onion, sliced
½ cup bread crumbs, buttered
½ cup grated cheese
pepper

Into a greased baking dish or casserole place a layer of tomatoes, add half the cucumber and onion slices and half of the crumbs. Repeat with more tomatoes and remaining cucumbers, onions and crumbs. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in moderate oven, (375-f) 40 minutes.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. I just linked to this recipe on my blog--http://didoodlings.com
    I have tons of friends with too many tomatoes!
    Thanks for the great recipe!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!