Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ramblings

For anyone who reads my blog you have probably figured out that I have a lot to say about multitude of things....I've recently begun reading about what makes for good blogging and I've come to the realization that I am probably doing everything wrong - but that's o.k. because I blog about what interests me.

The first tip I read was that I should find a "niche" or "target" for my blog, which would severely limit what I write about!  Oh well, I think I will continue this blog the same way I started, by writing a little bit about everything.  I will just continue to use my tags (categories) on each of the posts that I write.  In regards to tags, I did read one article that made sense - the need to limit the quantity of tags.  Too many times I stumble across a blog that has a huge amount of tags and then they top off the confusion by putting the tags into a tag cloud - no thanks!  I will continue to keep my tags in an alphabetized list, which I will refine along the way as I need to.

Also, I follow quite a few blogs about being frugal, being frugal in this economy is a necessity.  However I think I would categorize myself as a "cheapskate", in my book this is a step or two above being frugal.

Coupons are great, but you can usually save even  money by buying generic or store brands, so I usually avoid coupons.  Now FREE is always good, but if you have to buy something first before the FREE kicks in I think that the FREE part is a moot point.

Here's a great tip, stay and help clean up at events or family gatherings and you will probably be taking home a bunch of freebies!

 I think I've rambled enough for this post, so I must sign off until next time when I continue with my "unfocused" blog writing!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!