Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vintage Cast Iron...

I love vintage and antique items and every time I see something from the past I always wonder what it's story is - who has held this piece, worked with it and used it on a day to day basis.  I was in "lookie-lou" heaven this past weekend while we were at the pumpkin patch!  Everywhere I looked there were vintage pieces that fired up my imagination, not to mention envy!  Just look at all of this cast iron cookware and wonderful wood burning stove!
I like the big galvanized tubs with flowers - I think I would have put some more in the milk jugs!
I imagine that the birdhouse is not vintage, but it fits right in with the rest of the pieces - especially with it's rusty patina!  Please disregard the date shown on the photos - I'm not a camera techie (these were taken this past weekend).

I want this stove!  When I first looked at it I assumed it was a wood burning stove, but now that I look closer I think it could possibly burn coal......if anyone is an expert on antique/vintage stoves let me know what you think!  Please disregard the date shown on the photos - I'm not a camera techie (these were taken this past weekend).


PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!