Monday, December 20, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 20

I think I mentioned before that Rudolph is one of our favorites, this snow globe is also a bank
Somewhat to my husbands dismay, I am a knickknack kind of person - which is a pain when it comes to dusting, but I like to look at them and remember the story behind where I got them. 
Synonyms to knickknack: bauble, curiosity, doodad, gaud, gewgaw (also geegaw), gimcrack, novelty, ornamental, tchotchke, trinket
Because I like tchotchkes, I like to collect various groupings of items, including Christmas themed items, so today I am going to introduce you to my Christmas snow globe collection (well some of them anyway).  I like to look at snow globes because they seem to have a magic in them....a tiny world contained within a glass ball.  I guess I probably have an over active imagination to enjoy such things, but that's me and who I am.  So without further ado, here are some of my Christmas snow globes.

I can't remember where I got this one, but it features angels and has a light inside
One of my favorites featuring the nativity scene
This is probably my largest snow globe, it plays music and the bottom portion spins around independent of the top.  The top features the nativity scene and the bottom features the animals

This one is part of my snowman collection
My son got me this one many years ago
This one is a snow globe Christmas ornament
There you have it - some of my Christmas snow globes.....like I said I'm a knickknack kind of gal!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!