Thursday, December 23, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 23

Bella and I.
I am really looking forward to this year's Christmas since we added two furry friends to our family this past year and it will be their first Christmas with us.

I have it on good authority that Santa Claus will even be bringing them a few presents!  Bella Ruby joined our family at the end of January, we got her from our local animal shelter and she quickly became a part of our family.  We have twilight fans in our family, thus the name Bella.  The vet put her age at around 2 years and she is a Beagle Pit mix weighing in at about 50 pounds.


Jasper Jet joined our family just before the fourth of July - again his name is a tribute to the Twilight series.  Jasper is thought to be about 4-5 years old and weighs in at about 14 pounds.
Jasper enjoying his "new" favorite spot - under the tree.





The holiday be fun especially the unwrapping of presents - Jasper loves to play with the bows and I am guessing that he will have quite the time with all of the paper too.
Jasper enjoying the snow!

Bella doesn't like the chaos as much, but she loves it whenever she can see her second family (my mom, dad and grandma).  She has a special affinity for my dad and he for her.
  My grandma is in her 80's and has some trouble with balance while walking so every time she is over for a visit we have to hold onto Bella until my Grandma is seated, otherwise Bella would try to help her to her seat so she can get her pets and lovin that much faster!
As usual Bella has to be in the middle of everything!
As you can see Bella always has to at the center of everything - she was in the process of sneaking up behind us so that she could worm her way in between us......needless to say she succeeded!

That's it for today's post, I still have quite a bit of baking and wrapping to do before the big day, so I have to get busy!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!