Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why Blog?

Mirror, mirror on the wall -who has the best blog of all?
I was contemplating this morning what makes it so that so many people want to blog including myself.  I used to be of the firm belief that blogging was narcissistic behavior, especially those whose blogs are personal in nature. Now I am not so sure that this is the case.  I'm sure that narcissism still plays a part in blogging, but besides that what makes us want to display our personal lives across the Internet?

I did some soul searching on this and the answer for me is that I want to make a difference!  I want to let others know in a small part what makes me tick.  I want my kids and my husband to be proud of me and I want to be able to pass along the small things in life that are important to me.  Of course there is enough narcissism in me that I want my blog to be followed by many along with positive comments on what I choose to write about.  Getting a new comment is like unwrapping an unexpected gift....the excitement and anticipation is there to see what others think.  You get a happy glow when you get a positive comment and it validates you in some small way.

I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be, I am just like so many others struggling to get by and along the way trying to do what is right.    I don't think of myself as a writer, as I know I do not have a gift for "flowey" words or putting prose to paper, but what I do think is that I am just like millions out there - we are all the same while we are uniquely different.

My blog celebrates a little of both, what makes me unique while being like everyone else.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!