Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 1

As long as I have my family it is a "perfect" Christmas, however there are some things that always make me think "Christmas".  I will write a short post each day from now until Christmas highlighting at least one of them.

The Nativity
 Every year the Nativity is displayed in a prominent spot in our house, this year it's at the top of the stairs as you enter our home and it sits upon an antique cupboard passed down through my husband's family.  At the top of the Nativity is a mirror with shelves (mounted on the wall) that was passed down to me by my grandma.  It seemed somehow fitting to display the Nativity so everyone could see it as they entered. 

My girls love helping me unwrap each piece every year and my youngest always asks over and over "where's baby Jesus" until we find him and place him.  It wouldn't be Christmas without our Nativity.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!