Friday, December 24, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 24

Christmas is a time of getting together with family and sharing good food, laughs, love, togetherness and gift giving.  Christmas just wouldn't be the same if I did not have my family to share it with.  Both my sister and my brother are out of town this year so they will only be with us in spirit as we celebrate Christmas.

Christmas morning at our house is spent opening the socks that Santa has filled and the gifts he has brought.  Only myself, husband and daughters (and our furry friends) will be part of Christmas morning at our house.  At some point during the day my husband's parents come over and we celebrate with them.  Christmas dinner this year will be ham, potatoes and all the extras.  My adult son, his fiancee, my parents and my grandma will join us for dinner which will be followed by more gifts, more eating sweets and phone calls to my brother and sister.

I am so thankful that I have my family around especially at this time of year, I know there are many out there who are not so blessed.....special prayers will be said for all of those who are not so fortunate.


Today is the day that I spend finishing my baking (lots of cookies to make today) and wrapping those last minute presents, so I must get busy.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting The Mix Gal ~ I love to hear from my readers!